The Whitlock Flooring PVC Luxury Plank 3-Year Limited Light Commercial Warranty
What is covered and for how long?
For light commercial installations (example: common areas in multi-unit dwellings and low traffic retail shops) the product is warranted to be free from manufacturing defects for 3 years from the date of purchase. If a defect covered by this warranty is reported to Whitlock Flooring in writing within 3 years of purchase, Whitlock Flooring will supply new material of the same or similar grade sufficient to repair or replace the defective material.
What Will Whitlock Flooring Do If Any Of The Above Happens?
If any of the above should occur within the warranty periods specified above for each flooring product, Whitlock Flooring will furnish comparable Whitlock Flooring of similar color, pattern, and quality, for either the repair of the defective area or the replacement of the floor, at our option. Whitlock Flooring will replace or repair a floor discolored from mold, mildew, or alkali one time as long as floor conditions are within acceptable installation guidelines.
What Is Not Covered By This Warranty?
- Damage caused by fire, flooding, or intentional abuse.
- Damage caused by vacuum cleaner beater bar, caster wheels, and cutting from sharp objects.
- When vacuuming, we recommend using the wand attachment on your vacuum.
- Because rolling casters can damage the floor, we do not recommend them.
- Loss of gloss/scratching.
- Minor color, shade or texture variations between samples or printed color photography and the actual material.
- Floors that are not graded “regular”.
- Floors that are installed in other than owner-occupied or tenant-occupied residences.
(Except products that are noted as warranted light commercial)
- Installation-related errors or damage including improper conditioning of jobsite and flooring materials.
- Construction damage after installation.
- Floors discolored from moisture or underlayment panels after having been repaired or replaced by Whitlock Flooring one time.
- Floors damaged by excessive moisture from sources such as flooding and water leakage.
- Installation defects and installations not using the proper bonding adhesives.
- Damage caused by abuse such as moving appliances across the floor without adequate protection.
- When moving appliances or heavy furniture, lay a plywood panel on your floor and “walk” the item across it. This protects your floor from scuffing and tears.
What Is Excluded From These Warranties?
- None of our installers, retailers, distributors or employees has authority to alter the obligations, limitations, disclaimers or exclusions under any of our warranties.
- WE EXCLUDE AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR OR PAY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES UNDER OUR WARRANTIES. By this we mean any loss, expense, or damage other than to the flooring itself that may result from a defect in the flooring. Our limited warranties constitute the only express warranties for the product purchased.
- TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND FOR ALL NON-CONSUMER PRODUCTS, ALL WARRANTIES OTHER THAN OUR LIMITED WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE DISCLAIMED. IF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY ARISES UNDER STATE LAW, ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES (INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WRITTEN WARRANTY, TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
- SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OR LIMITATIONS OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THESE WARRANTIES GIVE YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
Proper installation plays a key role in the performance of Whitlock Flooring. For installation of vinyl plank, these basic guidelines should be followed:
- Store tiles for 48 hours in room where they will be installed. Keep room at a minimum of 65°F during that time and during installation. After installation, temperature should not fall below 65°F for the first 48 hours and not below 55°F after that.
- The subfloor must be level, clean, and free of wax, grease, oil or dust.
- If necessary, patch or fill any cracks in the subfloor with proper flooring Patch.
- Use Leveler to smooth any texture or embossing on the old floor.
- Install over smooth, well-bonded resilient floors or over dry concrete and wood floors with a plywood overlay.
- This limited product warranty does not cover the installation of the product, if your floor was professionally installed and the floor product fails for reasons from installation error. Installation errors are the responsibility of the installer. While installations not performed according to our requirements do not void the product warranty, damage or problems with the flooring related to improper installation are not covered.
What Should You Do If You Have A Problem?
We want you to be happy with your Whitlock Flooring Product. If you’re not, please email us at email@example.com or call and one of our support agents can answer your questions and, if necessary, start to process a claim. Please call 1.800.284.4317
This warranty applies only to Professionally Installed or Do-It-Yourself (DIY) installations by a homeowner for his or her own residential end use. This warranty extends only to the original end user and is not transferable.
PLEASE KEEP YOUR RECEIPT OR OBTAIN IT FROM THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER.
Whitlock Flooring needs the flooring receipt in order to verify date and proof of purchase to resolve any problems that may occur. For professionally installed floors, the original receipt for installation labor may also be required.
This warranty applies to floors purchased after January 1st, 2011.
Updated July 1st, 2011